The Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps (in French Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps) is a racing circuit located near the towns of Spa, Francorchamps, Malmedy and Stavelot in the province of Liège, Belgium. It is the most important circuit in the country, and both drivers and followers of the various disciplines of speed racing tend to show their preference for it.
Designed in 1920 by Jules de Their and Henri Langlois Van Ophem, the original circuit was 14,120 meters long, and ran along the region's public roads. In 1978, the drawing was cut in half for safety reasons. To do this, a section of the permanent route was added that linked the upper and lower parts of the circuit. Over the years, the circuit layout was modified several times. In 2007, the La Source hairpin was moved away from the track, and the chicana of “The bus stop” was moved back, in order to build wider pits and lengthen the main straight making the extension of this will increase to 7,004 meters. The sections abandoned in 1978 are still used today on public roads, while for the sections in use, alternative roads parallel to the original roads were built in 2003. The track follows a fast and winding route through the Ardennes that allows to exceed 330 km / h and presents interesting challenges for the drivers.